Seeing beyond numbersTM
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within LBC Tech, a subsidiary of Laurentian Bank Financial Group.
The Technical Delivery Manager, will be responsible for managing the project based relationships and deliverables between Technology and the Business line PMO's and for the overall planning, management and completion of IT deliveries from initiation through the entire Project life cycle. This role is accountable for the delivery of concurrent strategic, regulatory and corporate Project initiatives and for managing IT schedules, project risk, resourcing, and inter-team communications. The incumbent uses project management skills to assess the accuracy of business, functional and technical requirements, manage project roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction, and ensure quality of projects. The Technical Delivery Manager will play a critical role in being the conduit between the IT subject matter experts and the PMO within the Business lines to ensure project success.
The ideal candidate has a Technology background in development across multiple platforms, applications and industries (including Financial Services) and proven technical project delivery experience. The Technical Delivery Manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for the IT Business Model and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as project management processes and execution. This role is accountable for ensuring the timely delivery of quality deliverables related to supporting, maintaining, enhancing and monitoring information systems.
- Directs and manages the delivery of technology project deliverables from beginning to end.
- Defines technology project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management, PMO and other stakeholders.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents as required.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members, PMO and other stakeholders.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Plans, schedules and tracks project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- In collaboration with business line PMO, provides input to define project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- University degree in a related field and 6 to 10 years of experience, including 2 to 3 years of experience in a management role, or
- College Diploma in a related field and 9 to 12 years of experience, including 2 to 3 years experience in a management role.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer sciences, technical or business discipline or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience managing project deliveries across multiple applications and technologies preferred.
- Strong grasp of Technical Project Management methodologies and proven experience managing and delivering concurrent regulatory or strategic projects.
- Strong analytical and project management skills; including the ability to interpret both business and technical needs.
- Strong financial services background preferably with working knowledge of Banking and Investment products and systems.
- Demonstrated success in leading projects from initiation through implementation and support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, managers, and subject matter experts and ability to negotiate (able to express oneself clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing) effectively to manage project delivery and project coordination of complex activities.
- Extensive experience with aligning stakeholders and communicating information that enables leaders, teams and stakeholders to have transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies/process including requirements management, analysis and design, testing, implementation, deployment, change configuration, and management, etc.
- Effective leadership skills to plan, develop and implement projects, as well as, lead project, monitor, evaluate and assess progress.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, in particular MS Excel, MS-Project, MS-Word, MS-Visio, Sharepoint.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment.
- The individual must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and results-oriented, be diligent and work with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated experience managing or delivering IT Projects within outsourced and managed services environments.
- Has worked a multiple client accounts to gain experience in working with and handling different type of clients; strong client facing abilities including the ability to handle scope issues.
- Has an understanding of the technology to be deployed and managed.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strategic thinking, analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong ability to lead others (direct and indirect) - motivate, negotiate, and persuade others.
- Ability to identify and manage numerous shifting priorities, deadlines and resource issues to achieve results.
- Good knowledge of human resources management principles.
- Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen Principles, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies is an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request for job applicants taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.