As a trusted technology partner, SII Canadaprovides high value-added solutions for the Engineering and IT projects of many large companies. SII Canada, the latest subsidiary of SII Group, officially began operations in March 2015. As part of its development, SII Canada recruits both experienced and new graduates who are ready to take on new challenges.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Linux Software Developer is a professional involved for all aspects of the software development. He/She will contribute to the development of new R&D products in the IoT domain. This position requires the candidate to be self-motivated in a quickly moving environment, to understand and implement requirements within a Scrum/Agile team. The candidate will be actively involved in the development of the central control unit of a home automation wireless system integrating the latest technologies of the IOT world. The project being at the initial phase, the candidate will have the opportunity to have significant contributions both on the conception and realization of the project.
- 5+ years’ recent experience as a Linux software developer in C++.
- Diploma in computer sciences, software engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Knowledge of Git code revision software.
- Adopt the TDD approach and clean code principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Atlassian tools in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Bilingual (French / English).
- Experience with bash shell scripting.
- Experience with Goolgetest, Googlemock
- Experience with GCOV
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience in QT Modeling Language (QML)
- Experience with Wireshark.
- Experience with Amazon Web service.
- Experience in IoT embedded device.
- Experience in CMake.
- Knowledge of networking protocol (ZigBee, http, tcp, udp).
- Team player.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Inclined to use existing software instead of reinventing the wheel.
- Curious and passionate about software development.
- Interest in emerging technologies.