In this position, you will perform ethical hacking assessments on multi-protocol networks and application systems to our various clients ranging from banking to law enforcement. Tasks will be highly technical, requiring a good understanding of security technologies and strategies. Qualified candidates will:
- Provide strategic and technical recommendations following identification of vulnerabilities in operating systems, applications, and network infrastructure;
- Evaluate security controls and recommend corrective actions to mitigate technical risks;
- Deliver reports outlining test results and present to technical and non-technical staff;
- Develop and maintain methodologies and tools to enhance the company security testing services;
- Participate as a subject matter expert in cyber security incident and breach investigations and post-breach remediation work.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or in another equivalent program;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of popular operating systems and networking protocols;
- Understanding of web applications, servers, frameworks and protocols;
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security technologies;
- Hands on experience with one or more programming languages (C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.);
- Good communication and writing skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Contributions to bug bounty programs or multiple Capture-the-Flag activities is considered a plus.
Due to the nature of services we provide and our clients, we conduct strict criminal, financial and reputational background checks. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and have (or be able to obtain) Government of Canada Level II (SECRET) clearance.
Ideal previous consulting experience
Experience and/or industry specific certifications in the following fields:
- Telecommunications, Networking or Systems integration
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Code Review
- Penetration Testing
- Reverse engineering
- Malware analysis
- This position requires some weekend and evening hours.
The following personal abilities are favoured at GoSecure:
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to think of problems and operational activities beyond technical scope, envisioning general business and political ramifications;
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks concurrently;
- Adaptable to diverse environments;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French are mandatory;
- Energetic and positive with a “can do” attitude.
GoSecure has a policy in place to support Canadian Forces reservists.
GoSecure has a strong continuing education policy for its employees, ensuring our personnel achieves graduate level degrees within a few years of hire.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Founded in 2002, GoSecure is focused on managing risks inherent to information management systems through its highly specialized Ethical Hacking and IT Security Infrastructure Co-Management services. Throughout its years in business, our firm of forty-five dedicated engineers and analysts have distinguished itself by the depth of its technical knowledge, model ethics, and the overall professionalism demonstrated by its members. GoSecure combines the best technology through its partnerships and its unique know-how in regards to security trends, threats and solutions in order to meet the needs of its most demanding customers.