(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As Vulnerability Management Advisor, Telecom and Security, you design, develop, monitor and implement strategies, action plans and solutions relating to information security processes on the telecommunications, security and telephony infrastructure services. You will serve as a specialist and coordinator for various stakeholders in the creation and monitoring of plans to correct vulnerabilities in your area of expertise. You will also represent your unit on various committees for projects or mandates concerning IT vulnerabilities in your sector.
More specifically, you will play an active role during major incidents, representing the Telecom and Security groups. You will coordinate the management of non-major incidents with multiple groups and act as the resource person for requestors.
You will be responsible for organizing the task force as needed, holding scrums on service stability and implementing action plans to ensure system stability. You will also produce reports on the stability of systems for which you are responsible, harmonize activities with other sectors and partners, as well as produce progress reports and action plans. You will belong to one or more squads, and will handle incident-related vulnerabilities and ORPs.
You will produce quantified statuses and dashboards and will assist with report automation. You will be part of a group dedicated to this function within the organization.
- Help with your unit’s planning and develop concrete strategies and methods for implementing plans to correct and prevent vulnerabilities.
- Constantly monitor the analyses to be performed and plans to be developed as well as those that are ongoing.
- Prioritize activities with the service provider and stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve situations that could jeopardize IT environment stability or compromise the security of the environments. Develop action plans and make recommendations.
- Represent your unit on various committees and regularly produce reports on projects and action plans.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and propose and recommend solutions to optimize and enhance work tools, processes and methods.
- Be responsible for the integrity of the information and for maintaining an overall awareness of the vulnerabilities associated with your sector.
Other working conditions
- Place of work: Montreal or Lévis, depending on the preference of the person selected
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least four years of experience in incident management for a large organization, coordination of activities involving a large number of stakeholders, production of executive reports and communications, and development of recommendations and action plans to improve processes..
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of HPSM ticket management and reporting tools
- High-level technical knowledge of multi-tiered systems
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)