CAE is currently looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Montreal-based Training Experience Product team. A User Experience designer at CAE is responsible for the best experiences within our product. Daily design @ CAE is about applying best industry practices to aeronautical, military and healthcare simulated training devices. Whether it’s a new assessment tool, that amazing dashboard or a 3D tactical map situation display, our Product Design team is involved in making sure everything CAE delivers helps our customer train efficiently to enhance world’s safety.
CAE offers an environment for everyone to be ready to innovate, create, design, embellish, advertise, share, propose, and deliver the best user interfaces in the industry of training and simulation. We are looking for a dedicated, organised and meticulous designer to be part of the solution to make that happen. We would like to count on you to share your weirdest, craziest and most fascinating ideas to make it better and achieve ultimate passionate users. You like aerospace, gaming, health, safety, teaching, or know everything about complex and highly technological problems, this may be the position for you.
- Produce user interface design elements to bring features and products to market
- Create wireframes and prototypes for testing and quick feedback
- Interact directly with simulation system engineers and software developers to define application workflows, system constraints and possible statuses
- Have close collaboration with the training and instructional stakeholders, or product managers, to make sure the product strive to its best
- Speak to customers for input and validation of designs during key project milestone workshops
- Help creating amazing experiences for our users and make them fall in love at first sight for those mind blowing interactions
- Provide creative consultation and solutions for a variety of interactive and visual design related requests
- Be able to create stunning concept of operations that surprises and enlightens our users
- 6+ years of experience designing applications
- You are experienced in solving problems and can distill them into simple and elegant solutions
- Have launched at least one digital product before and understand why it failed/succeeded
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Prior experience in prototyping techniques and user-centred design principles on commercially available products
- Have a great sense for aesthetics and could both work with or extend the CAE user experience design patterns and styles
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches.
- Education in System Design Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within development teams using agile development methodologies
- Prior experience in a design team
- Sketch experience
- InVision experience
- Photoshop experience
- HTML5/CSS/JS experience