TELUQ University, a key player in Quebec's university education environment for over 40 years, is the only university whose programs are offered completely at a distance. It welcomes nearly 20,000 students per year and stands out for the quality of its research and its position as a digital university entirely at a distance, both in Quebec and on the national and international scenes.
The University's offer
- Competitive salary
- Schedule of 35 h / week
- Part of the work will be performed by teleworking
- The equivalent of 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Group insurance plan
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Development plan
- Pleasant working environment
- Information Technology Department
Under the direction of the immediate superior, performs various technical work related to the configuration of computer and communication equipment and systems, participates in the analysis of the needs of the customers and provides assistance and support. Performs various technical work to ensure the proper functioning and installation of computer, telecommunications and videoconferencing equipment. Provide the technical support required by users, departments or services.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Assists and advises on the use rational operating systems, software, software packages and technologies.
- Participates in needs assessment, installation, verification, configuration, problem solving and conducts research concerning telephone and telecommunication systems, equipment, software and software packages dedicated to administration, education and research. Communicates with the required people in the event of a system malfunction and ensures follow-up.
- Assists, troubleshoots, advises, provides support and participates in training for users of different systems, programs or equipment within its sector.
- Estimate, propose solutions, correct and refine existing programs to take into account requests made by customers, changes in system requirements or in equipment structures, participates in the search for the causes of malfunction of the computer with regard to programs.
- Advises those concerned on the choice of the equipment to be used or any other factor that may improve the functioning of its sector.
- Send and evaluate technological equipment and write various reports relating to its field of activity.
Your professional profile
- Education: D College diploma in computer science or equivalent education.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Other: Very good knowledge of Windows 8/10, Mac OS and the Microsoft Office software suite (and / or Office365) for configuration and user support;
- Very good sense of user service (courtesy, politeness, listening, follow-up of requests);
- Good ability to identify user problems and find solutions;
- Good oral and written communication;
- Knowledge of network equipment and protocols (manage access, identify problems, etc.); Ability to install physical components in a computer (assemble the componentshardware, connect peripherals, install and configure an operating system and software).
- Asset: Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and other technology-related equipment videoconferencing (camera, sound system, television, Adobe Connect, Zoom, Skype, Teams).
- Regular position
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Will have to work occasionally outside the normal hours provided for in the collective agreement (available evenings and weekends).
- Place of work: Quebec.
- Salary: May vary between $ 23.41 and $ 37.98 per hour, depending on education and experience.
Apply before 4:30 p.m. October 18, 2020 on our website at the following address:
The University TELUQ subscribes to equal access and employment equity programs.