Full-Time / Permanent
Ciot is a leading importer and retailer of construction and renovation products: marble; granite; limestone; slate; onyx; semi-precious stone; decorative glass; quartz; ceramic and porcelain stoneware tiles, slabs and mosaics; and also kitchen and bath fixtures and accessories within the areas served. The company operates showrooms in Montreal, Brossard, Quebec City, Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga, Detroit, Atlanta as well as a business office in New York City.
Ciot offers a stimulating workplace, attractive benefits package and a work environment that is favorable to professional growth. Ifyou are seeking a position where initiative is valued and your ambition has no limit, your challenge will be to focus on your capacity to progress in a highly stimulating work environment!
The System Administrator is responsible for planning, development, installation and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and any related infrastructure. This includes the creation of all plans for ensuring functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems aligned with the organization’s priorities. The System Administrator is responsible for diagnosing and resolving performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Administer system and services with technologies such as, Windows servers, VMware, Linux and others;
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure and services;
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties;
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, security, etc.;
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures;
- Respond to internal users requests via helpdesk tickets;
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required;
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Profile and Skills required:
- College Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- At least five (5) years of direct work experience in Systems Administration;
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools;
- Experience with Windows server 2012/2016, Microsoft SQL server, Vmware, IIS, Cisco switches, Network storage (NAS/SAN), Active Directory, GPO’s, Linux, and Exchange 2013/2016;
- Knowledge of network concepts (VLAN), telecommunications and security;
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation in English and French;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both official languages;
- Customer Focus;
- Flexibility and multitasking;
- Accountability and Dependability.
If you are interested by the present job offer, please send your curriculum vitae via this website.
Or apply online via the Careers section of our website.