A technological partner of large companies since 1979, the SII Group is at the heart of the innovation economy with 8,000 employees, an international presence in 18 countries, and a turnover of more than 520 million Canadian dollars.
SII Canada, based in Montreal and Toronto, aims to provide high added value solutions to its partners / clients in the engineering and information technology fields.
SII Canada is above all agility, technicality and exciting professions that generate experience and career opportunities.
You want to join a company on a human scale, where:
… you are recognized for your qualities and expertise,
… you can have a role of ambassador and mentor (Communities, lunch tech, workshop…),
… you will bring your personal touch within the friendly gang of Fungénieurs,
then that f would definitely be happy to meet you!
Reporting to the Director Cloud Computing and Central Processing, This person will be responsible for
Contributing to IT solutions specifically by:
o Establishing Strategy and planning the migration / integration of the Microsoft CLoud
o Validating (for completeness) Infrastructure architecture deliverables including monitoring and automation
o Participate to the infrastructure architecture of the cloud
o Work with architects to ensure solution is optimal from an operations point of view.
o Estimate the cost of the technology infrastructure (one time and recurring) and help define the Cloud governance around cost and billing
o Estimate the effort of building the solution
o Oversees solutio n build process from a technical standpoint to ensure compliance to architecture and detailed design
On occasion he will help in troubleshooting complex issues and challenging vendors on technical matters. He / She will provide technical leadership to platform administrators.
He / she is accountable to the company and management for the decisions he / she must make.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or combination of training in information technology and relevant experience in Cloud implementation and operation
• At least 10 years of experience specific in infrastructure.
• Experience in developing and documenting detailed design of IT infrastructure
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong all around IT Infrastructure knowledge and experience in technologies such as:
• Microsoft Software
• Cisco N etworks and Unified Communication
• Professionalism and concern for a job well done.
• Analytical mind, structured and disciplined reasoning.
• Ease in communicating constantly with a variety of stakeholders.
• Dynamic self-starter and self-directed learner.
• Ability to write clear and structured documents including technical high level diagram and business case support documentation.
• Ease in solving problems innovatively and in emergencies.