(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a Solution Architecture Advisor, you help ensure IT efficiency by analyzing, designing and updating programming algorithms (computer software and web applications) and the architecture of IT tools (software, networks, databases, etc.). You ensure consistency with the organization’s current and future needs and structure, while also ensuring that new components are compatible with the existing architecture (software applications, products, services, etc.).You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You make recommendations on solutions architecture and the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
More specifically, as solution architecture advisor, you will be required to have an in-depth understanding of the database management services field. You will be responsible for developing your area of expertise, for business intelligence, and for ensuring consistency among project solutions.
- Achieve the Enterprise Architecture targets.
- Help reduce technical debt by documenting the IT evolution implementation plan.
- Provide recognized cross-sector expertise.
- Produce and publish various artefacts, including PMET, guides, flowcharts, transition plan.
- Participate in service and product planning (e.g., PI planning).
- Share knowledge, expertise and ideas with finance managers, architects and experts.
- Assist in portfolio planning and recommend operational initiatives.
- Support technical debt reduction to contain and minimize technology fragmentation.
- Lead technology communities of practice.
- Support operational development and excellence.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Lévis, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)