Come and make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which has its citizens at heart. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career possibilities, you will be part of a large public organization on a human scale.
For its Innovation and Technology Department, the City de Laval is looking for candidates to fill the position of:
The challenges that await you:
Under the authority of the immediate superior, the solutions architect is responsible for planning, implementing and integrating technological solutions. As such, he researches, identifies and contributes to the evolution of the strategic architecture of information technology solutions.
The solutions architect applies the general principles of enterprise architecture to the solutions it implements. He acts as a consultant and ensures technological watch, monitoring and supervision of delivery teams and checking the consistency of solutions.
And more particularly:
- Analyze, design and develop technological solutions taking into account the strategic and political objectives of the organization as well as orientations in terms of enterprise architecture.
- Participate in preliminary and detailed analyzes of business needs, analyze impacts and propose concrete solutions in line with strategic directions.
- Participate in research and definition of technological solutions in the context of business solution development projects .
- Determine the architectural guidelines for the choice and implementation of technological solutions to optimize the quality of the City's services and operations and create value for organization while minimizing risks.
- Participate in technology watch, analyze the solutions offered and best practices available and emerging, particularly in the field of information architecture and Cloud computing to ensure the modernization of existing technologies, the efficiency and sustainability of technological assets.
- Conceives, develops and proposes to its superior, draft policies, programs and procedures required to achieve objectives IT architecture service and oversees their respect when approved.
- Provides technical leadership in the development of prototypes, feasibility demonstrations and pilot projects to evaluate new ones design approaches.
- Writes the IT portion, reviews and contributes directly to the development of business cases in collaboration with the business units s, technical plans and specifications for the acquisition of goods, products, professional services or other technological solutions.
The desired profile:
- Instruction acquired at the end of a bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or any other field deemed relevant;
- Possess five (5) years of relevant experience in the field of solution architecture, and more particularly in:
- architecture frameworks, methodologies and systems design tools;
- systems architecture : performance, maintainability, scalability, dimensional adaptability, availability, security and accessibility;
- concepts of business strategy;
- To your creditsignificant achievements related to the challenges of the position;
- Know the development methodologies and object-oriented concepts;
- Know the private and public cloud environments and architectures;
- Know Agile and DevOps practices in a cloud context;
- Master the concepts of service oriented architecture (SOA) and microservices (API Management);
- Know Microsoft technologies : C # and .NET, SQL Server, Office 365, Dynamics 365, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, and SharePoint;
- Understanding Oracle technologies: Forms, Report and Java;
- Know the geomatics of ESRI;
- Know the architecture of architectural systems and methodologies (TOGAF);
- Have knowledge of connected objects connected to smart cities;
- Be on the lookout for best practices and emerging technologies and their markets applications;
- Demonstrate their analytical and synthesis skills and their ability to make recommendations;
- Be recognized for their creative ideas and their sense of innovation;
- Demonstrate their mastery of the advisory approach to supporting a business clientele;
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and easily develop good interpersonal relationships;
- Demonstrate your ability to support clients and act as a change management facilitator.
Here is what we offer you:
- A permanent position;
- A flexible work schedule allowing work and personal life to be balanced;
- Comprehensive competitive compensation ;
- A full range of benefits;
- An easily accessible workplace, located at 3 Place Laval.
Come make a difference in a modern city, in full ex pansion, which has its citizens at heart. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization on a human scale.
The City of Laval is constantly looking for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join a enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Why choose the City of Laval? Because we can offer you, in addition to the challenges presented by the third largest city in Quebec, competitive working conditions, but above all a quality of life allowing you to better reconcile work and personal life.
You too, take part in the change.
Apply by going to.
The City of Laval applies an equal employment opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.