(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a Software Solutions Architect, Cloud Computing, you will contribute to IT efficiency by analyzing, designing and developing the architecture of IT tools (software, networks, databases, etc.). You will ensure consistency with the organization’s current and future needs and structure, while also ensuring that new components are compatible with the existing architecture (software applications, products, services, cloud computing, etc.).You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.You make recommendations on the development of technology solutions and the execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Lead projects, mandates and development activities within your field, the scope and impact of which are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group.
- Advise and assist clients and partners with positioning, planning, development, performance and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility.
- Target and analyze major problems and issues. Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies involved.
- Represent your unit in dealings with decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when reaching agreements with partners or external organizations.
- Collaborate with the business architecture teams to ensure that recommended technology solutions are aligned with Desjardins targets.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Technical design experience in cloud computing environments (Pivotal Foundry / Docker)
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI – CD)
- Design experience in incremental mode (Architectural Runway)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the technological capabilities proposed by the Desjardins IT Common Services teams so as to get the most out of them and to recommend powerful business solutions (an asset)
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Interpersonal Savvy, Organizational savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)