(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As a SOA/Web API Programmer Analyst, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs. You draw on your ability to work with technology to help develop and provide support for small- to medium-scale IT systems, programs and applications. You help analyze client needs and prioritize development activities. You plan, prioritize and coordinate work to stay on schedule and meet objectives. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You help implement development solutions and take corrective action when managing complexity is key. You interact with stakeholders working in other technology fields. You advise and provide system support for clients and practitioners.
Specifically, you will design, develop and test APIs or other services as part of multiple major transformation projects at Desjardins. Development will focus on the SOA platforms of CA Technologies (Layer7®) and TIBCO (ActiveMatrix® Service Grid and BusinessWorks).
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or an appropriate discipline
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Experience using an SOA/Web API security gateway (an asset)
- Experience using SoapUI and/or ReadyAPI testing tools (an asset)
- Experience in preparing and conducting unit, integration and non-regression testing (an asset)
- Interest in guiding other internal development teams
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- In-depth understanding of Web, REST and SOA APIs
- Understanding of the market standards for Web services (SOAP, WS-*, etc.)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Nimble learning, Plans and aligns, Tech savvy
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Information technology (FG)