(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a SOA Platform Administrator , you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs. You analyze and diagnose complex issues; provide opinions based on your discipline’s rules; recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs; and propose implementation plans. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work, particularly with respect to quality assurance, implementation and testing. You coordinate the planning, design and execution of projects, initiatives and activities. You help solve complex problems requiring comprehensive analysis and knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in other technology fields. You serve as subject matter expert for your unit, clients and partners.
More specifically, you will be part of the IT Foundations and Cloud Services Administrative Department, which has over 200 people operating in an agile at scale and DEV/OPS mode and is responsible for the company’s high-criticality platforms. You will work in a mission-critical 24/7 environment with the discipline that such work entails (automated testing, continuous non-regression, proactive alerts, stress and intrusion testing, etc.). The team will require 24/7 platform support in rotation, including support for and the development of such technologies as Broadcom/CA API Gateway (Layer7), TIBCO (ActiveMatrix Service Grid and BusinessWorks).
- Contribute to improving business continuity by ensuring the development, implementation and support of backup systems.
- Monitor the quality of IT services, and promptly identify situations that could jeopardize IT environment stability by analyzing and determining the criticality of recurring incidents and making recommendations.
- Identify situations that could significantly affect environment quality and stability, and make recommendations based on the impacts and risks or opportunities for improvement associated with change management.
Other working conditions
- Work schedule: availability required for support 24/7 on rotation (1 week on 5)
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Work experience with source code management tools such as Git
- Work experience in a cloud-based environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience in continuous integration, delivery and deployment (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Knowledge of concepts related to SOA and WebAPI services and security (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity, Decision quality, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Tech savvy
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Information technology (FG)