(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a Senior Information Security Advisor, you help protect IT hardware, software and data against modification, destruction, and accidental or unauthorized disclosure. You also assist in authentication and access control by designing, administering and controlling proven security systems. You analyze IT system vulnerabilities and implement protective measures to back up, restore and secure systems.You lead development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives, such as the development of IT security standards and policies. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Lead specialized development projects, initiatives and activities that significantly impact the entire organization
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, select solutions for, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
- Identifier, évaluer et documenter les risques liés à la sécurité de l'information
- Identify, assess and document the risks related to information security.
- Help implement strategies for quickly detecting any risk of non-compliance with security requirements.
- Constantly monitor processes and results related to information security risks and ensure all related reporting activities.
- Help supervise and manage the information security risk log to ensure that risks are up to date, accurate and supported by reliable resolution plans or have been formally accepted by the management lead.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s specific policies.
- Help incorporate information security controls into the organization’s practices.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Experience in information security
- Experience in risk management
- Experience in the banking sector (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold the Certification in the security field (CISSP, CISM, etc.) (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)