(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a project management advisor, you help direct material, time, IT and human resources on cross-sector projects to meet objectives on time and on budget. You analyze project feasibility and opportunities, develop action plans, define milestones and coordinate project teams.You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
As part of its digital strategy, Desjardins is transforming the development services our team offers to product squads to include a platform as a service (PaaS) with Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology, a container as a service (CaaS) platform with Kubernetes technology, tools and a continuous delivery practice (Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, Concourse, Vault, etc.), acceptance tests and templates, and a campus for training and supporting the squads.
We are seeking new people to help us meet the growing demand for our services. If you are passionate about cloud technology (Azure, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, microservices, etc.) and you want to have a stake in the transformation, we have an opportunity for you.
As Scrum master, your primary focus is to grow the team through coaching and mentoring, by applying the principles and values of Agile leadership. The very essence of your job is to step in at the right time to help the team realize its blind spots and thus foster an environment conducive to creating solutions.
- Act as the Agile process leader (DevOps focus). Assemble and assist the project’s Scrum team and facilitate squad meetings.
- Ensure that the Scrum team is functional, productive and well organized. Also, ensure that the team strives to increase its degree of maturity and continually improve productivity.
- Ensure the efficient use of the Agile approach as well as compliance with Agile values and the Scrum framework. Also ensure the application of technological and regulatory processes and standards.
- Isolate project team members from any external interference.
- Ensure transparency on the status of work progress. Deal with and follow up on problems raised by the team.
- Ensure the consistency of sprint backlog tasks with the commitments undertaken on the functionality of the product log.
- Guide the product owner to maximize return on investment and meet objectives.
- Ensure quality control of the product log and various activities, such as the sprint planning meeting as well as product log maintenance, product log estimation and sprint review meetings.
- Foster continuous improvement by allowing teams to experiment and take failure positively in order to maximize learning from these events. You do not hesitate to question the status quo and introduced concepts.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field
- At least four years of relevant experience in a Scrum master role
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of SAFe (an asset)
- Knowledge of DevOps Agile practices
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Project management (FG)