Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technologies
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent plays a key role in planning and monitoring Ivanhoé Cambridge’s technology projects. Reporting to the Senior Director IT Project Office, the Project Controller is responsible for supporting project managers by planning, tracking and monitoring project schedules, deliverables, resource capacity and budgets. This includes tracking invoices and reconciling information with the financial system.
The Project Controller provides support to project managers. Main duties include the following:
- Prepare project plans;
- Prepare and generate planning, tracking, monitoring and control reports and dashboards for technology projects;
- Extract and interpret information (schedules, costs, benefits, resources, capacity, risks, etc.) to effectively guide project teams and support their decision-making processes;
- In collaboration with the project manager, prepare project status reports (dashboard reports) for management and other committees;
- Track project financials;
- Prepare change requests.
The Project Controller is also responsible for the following:
- Provide guidance and assistance to project managers with regard to the use of the EPM platform;
- Ensure the continuous improvement of project support tools and processes, working with members of the IT Project Office team;
- Oversee best practices and ensure they are incorporated into the IT Project Office’s processes.
- College diploma (DCS) or bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related discipline;
- Five to eight years of experience in the IT industry, including 4-5 years as a project controller for large-scale technology projects;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project required. Familiarity with EPM an asset;
- PMP certification preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills;
- Efficient, organized and able to identify issues to be addressed and present them to the project manager;
- Ability to set priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to analyze and process information;
- Driven, engaged and detail-oriented self-starter;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.