(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As an Oracle-OFSAA Software System Administrator, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs.You draw on your ability to work with technology and anticipate innovation to actively help develop, standardize and implement large-scale IT systems, programs and applications. You analyze client and partner needs and recommend project-specific IT solutions and information systems. You plan, prioritize and coordinate work to stay on schedule and meet objectives. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty.You help solve highly complex problems that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields.You lead and serve as systems specialist for your unit, clients and practitioners.
Specifically, you will oversee one or more teams of developers implementing the OFSAA (Oracle) solution for our DGIFS Expertise Centre, which is directly responsible for the results of team, group and managed sub-units. You will guide the staff responsible for reports in achieving their tasks, coordinate the group’s work flow and provide training based on in-depth knowledge of the technical processes and tools used. You will be responsible for performing periodic staff reviews focused, in particular, on their professional development plans and objectives.
- Manage processes and apply work methods to adapt to changing circumstances in accordance with market methodologies.
- Approve design, technical or operational specifications developed by subordinates. Guarantee that subordinates’ final products meet all quality standards.
- Work as an individual contributor to the IT sub-discipline.
- Coordinate the work of multiple working groups. Develop, update and implement contingency plans for multiple teams to respond to changing operational needs. Anticipate changing resource needs and take action to meet expressed deadline and budget expectations.
- Define the working group’s objectives and establish priorities and expectations in terms of staff performance.
- Identify and initiate enhanced work procedures and tools to increase workplace productivity and employee satisfaction
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)