Come and make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its procurement department, Ville de Laval is looking for a (e ):
Operations and systems support advisor
The challenges that await you:
As an operations and systems support advisor, you will act as a super user and provide support operational for a set of systems and applications in your area of expertise, provide ongoing training to business users and other process experts in your administrative unit, and coordinate in your department with respect to the definition and 'development of the various maintenance, evolution and transformation needs of the technology solutions for which its service is proprietary.
You will validate and monitor the integrity data and ensure its quality and relevance to systems and applications in your area of expertise. You will also be required to monitor and coordinate the various requests for access to the technology solutions that you will support.
You will produce various management reports, feed dashboards and participate in a set of projects. scope in the development, integration and implementation of solutions and technological platforms in its business field.
Finally, you will coordinate activities related to business process mapping and participate in their optimization.
And more particularly:
- You will coordinate all the management activities and represent its administration unit vis-à-vis maintenance projects, development and transformation of systems and applications in his area of expertise to ensure optimal performance and quality of operation of the systems.
- You will analyze requests for changes, modifications and / or additions to systems and applications in his area of expertise, propose solutions to support business processes and actively participate in testing to ensure the quality of technology solutions from a business and user point of view. You will ensure the integration and follow up on approved changes, modifications and additions in line with business priorities
- You will perform a preliminary analysis on problems and / or anomalies reported by users of the systems and applications in its area of expertise, propose solutions, make corrections if necessary or solicit the contribution of the Innovation and Technology Department or service providers. You will follow up on resolutions to various issues, problems and / or anomalies related to business priorities.
- You will be responsible for the development and modification of various management reports and dashboards in order to meet recurring or one-off needs. You will provide support to users who generate and / or consult certain reports themselves.
- You will organize, participate in meetings, discussions or meetings with employees of other divisions or City Services and / or representatives of outside organizations to discuss issues within your area of expertise andfind appropriate solutions.
The profile sought:
- Bachelor of administration - systems concentration information, bachelor's degree in management information technology or any other relevant field:
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Have four (4) years of experience relevant to the function, in particular:
- In controlling IT systems in all its facets;
- In extracting and processing data from Oracle and Sharepoint databases;
- In the exploitation of data with Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Office Suite or others;
- In the development and distribution of training and information programs to various users;
- In the production and various reports and presentations;
- In the production of business files is desirable
- Demonstrates good listening skills and easily develops good interpersonal relationships / is sensitive;
- Knows how to mobilize and act as a facilitator in change management;
- Is able to communicate effectively by synthesizing and popularizing information;
- Be ready to invest technically to learn as much from new systems as from old systems that have little documentation;
- Be able to take customer needs and express them;
- Ability to collaborate with various City departments including IT;
- Is recognized for his creative ideas and for his sense of innovation;
- Demonstrates good organizational and management skills follow-up of files;
What we offer you:
- Work schedule of 33 , 75 hours / week allowing a work-family balance;
- Working conditions including among others a pension fund, group insurance, a health bank, an annual salary advancement;
- Salary of $ 67,764.29 to $ 89,136.46 / Year ée
You too, take part in the change!
Apply by March 8, 2021 , by going to:
Ville de Laval applies an equal access employment program. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.