(Work place: Réservé RH_Modalités_Français, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As a Linux System Administrator, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs. Are you an innovative system administrator with an interest in managing infrastructure in a modern way by automating repetitive tasks? Do you believe that infrastructure must be managed in a consistent fashion across the entire organization, with the aid of tools inspired by continuous development? Do you have experience in Linux system administration and are you familiar with modern development tools? Do you believe that software is ready to take over the world?If so, this position is for you!You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives related to incident prevention, corrective action, IT infrastructure updates, rollout and post-rollout. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as resource person for your unit, clients and partners.
- Design solutions that reflect the “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy using a set of standardized Ansible/TOWER tools, in a highly virtualized environment on an internal infrastructure.
- Work closely as a team with other expert colleagues to tackle challenges together in a spirit of technological exploration.
- Train and assist co-workers in the development, improvement and advancement of automated functions, be it for new solutions or improvements to existing solutions.
- Propose and participate in the development of innovative, next-gen solutions.
- Help develop technologies by offering suggestions, advice and expertise, for both solutions and methods (standards and practices).
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of jobs available : 2
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Experience working on projects in large organizations
- Experience in Linux infrastructure administration
- Extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and 8
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Expertise using Ansible
- Expertise using Python
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Ansible TOWER (an asset)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Artifactory)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Bitbucket/Git)
- Knowledge of middleware (Java, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, MQ)
- Knowledge of DBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with modern virtual environments (ESX-V, ESX-T)
- Familiarity with the basic principles of microsegmentation
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Business insight, Collaborates, Complexity, Customer Focus, Innovation
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Information technology (FG)