Our client, an international law firm in downtown Montreal, is looking for a legal assistant specializing in litigation and cybersecurity to join its team.
She will work with a team of at least two lawyers, in collaboration with the Manager of Legal and Administrative Support Services. In this capacity, she will prepare letters, procedures and reports; perform administrative tasks, as well as invoicing and updating tracking tables, in addition to organizing and maintaining client and lawyer files, including managing their calendars and contacts with their clients.
Work schedule: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., to be determined.
The current organization of work requires being able to work in hybrid mode.
- Prepare the usual procedures in litigation;
- Transcribe letters, reports and/or dictated procedures, if any, and carry out the layout;
- Review documents and correspondence to ensure that they comply with court and client directives and grammatical usage;
- Manage contentious deadlines specific to cybersecurity files, calculate deadlines and entries on the agenda and follow up with lawyers;
- Participate in or assist in the search for conflicts of interest;
- Perform the opening, paper and electronic filing, tracking and organization of physical and electronic files, from opening to closing;
- Update of follow-up tables required by customers: status of cyber files, insured expenses, cost calculations, reserves, etc.;
- Participate in the invoicing process;
- Manage phone calls and email and other communications; file emails;
- Organize and coordinate meetings between lawyers and clients;
- Prepare files for these meetings and for interrogations, settlement conferences and trials;
- Organize the business trips of lawyers, set appointments, book what may be required during business trips, etc.;
- Provide support to others in the office, as required;
- Enter data into various systems, be it billing, time entry or other.
- Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP) in Secretarial Studies or College Diploma (DEC) in Office Automation with legal profile or other combination of training and equivalent experience;
- Experience of 3 to 5 years as a legal assistant in litigation, including recent and solid experience working with the New Code of Civil Procedure;
- Excellent skills in using the Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Bilingualism required (French, English), verbally and in writing;
- Interest and ability to work with texts as well as numbers;
- Familiarization with insurance law, preferably;
- Knowledge of the field of cybersecurity, an asset;
- Ability to manage a high volume of files simultaneously, often in an emergency, producing quality work;
- Rigor, attention to detail and a strong sense of organization;
- High learning capacity, autonomy, proactivity and sense of initiative;
- Familiarization with a diversified IT environment - time entry, invoicing, file openings, etc.;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Customer orientation, team spirit and collaboration on a daily basis; tact and discretion;
- Professionalism and ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relationships, as well as to work in a dynamic environment;
- Efficiency in the support work of a team of lawyers on a daily basis.
Take this chance!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.