The Town of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield currently employs more than 250 employees. It counts, with their contribution, to position itself at the forefront of the municipal world by consolidating a quality management approach. The City of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield wishes to fill the position of Computer Unit Coordinator in the Finance and Informatics Department.
The coordinator assumes the management of all information technology activities including telephony, technological infrastructures (server, storage, networks, etc.) and the security of the systems. He ensures the daily management with a customer-oriented and performance-oriented approach. The incumbent remains on the lookout for information technology trends, makes recommendations for improvement, and implements the selected projects.
- Assume complete management of the unionized employees under his responsibility
- Carry out the annual strategic planning of his team including objectives in collaboration with its manager;
- Ensure the implementation of computer software or tools and actively participate in their integration. Provide follow-up support;
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the ITC Three-Year Capital Works Program (ITP);
- Develop the budget for the IT unit; and carry out budget monitoring;
- Maintain good relations with other City departments, citizens and suppliers;
- Meet the needs of internal services and citizens. Demonstrate efficiency in the follow-up of requests and complaints;
- Develop processes, approaches, systems or working methods in order to achieve the results set with his immediate manager;
- Analyze various issues affecting his field of expertise and write reports to his director;
- Provide equipment maintenance;
- And more!
- Collaborative spirit;
- Ease of creating interpersonal relationships;
- Management skills ( planning, organization, coordination, communication);
- Decision making, proactivity and speed of action;
- Technical rigor;
- Sense of analysis and of the synthesis
- Ability to communicate with different types of customers
- Ability to solve problems by proposing innovative solutions.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Possess between three (3) and five (5) years of experience in a similar job, preferably in a municipal setting
- IT skills recognized;
- Proficiency in French, both orally and in writing. Good knowledge of English;
- Experience in personnel management;
- Experience in telephone management (wired and mobile);
- Experience in project management , a great asset.
Terms of Employment:
- Compensation based on the protocol of management employees, salary is added to a benefits program and a pension fund.
- Salary scale 2019: $ 72,240 to $ 92,250.
- Schedule of 35 hours per week. Monday to Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm | Friday: 8 am to noon.
Please send your curriculum vitae by October 13, 2019 by email: or in person to the Human Resources Department : City of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, 61, rue Sainte-Cécile,Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec J6T 1L8.
The City of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is implementing an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and is inviting women, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities to apply. We thank you for your interest, but we will only contact the successful candidates for the process.
For more details, visit our website at