T Systems administrators are professionals who specialize in installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows/Linux based server environments. This role may also configure user access and maintain system stability and data security through deployment, patching and migration.
IT Systems Administrators leverage their expertise with the Windows/Linux operating system and server administration to develop and deploy servers, support day-to-day system performance, and prevent data loss and unauthorized access. They are also required to support strategic Windows/Linux based applications at the administration level, ensuring that they are optimally configured and maintained at current release levels.
- Maintains stability, security and control of infrastructure systems and services in a global computing environment.
- Contributes, reviews and approves technical solution design documents to address requirements, integration, test plans and test cases.
- Efficiently executes project delivery during plan, execution, control and close phases with emphasis on scope, risk, quality, and communication management.
- Makes recommendations on the lifecycle of infrastructure technologies.
- Answers complex technical questions escalated from other IT groups.
- Documents process/procedures to ensure that sustainability and compliancy is maintained.
- Technical Degree (BAC/DEC) in a technology discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5 to 10 years experience in management and maintenance of infrastructure environment.
- Ability to interface with CAE IT users (customers) at all levels.
- Ability to interface and work with CAE Global IT Administrators.
- Must be innovative, creative, and accountable.
- Must be a good team player, while also have the capacity to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
- Travel may be required to CAE sites worldwide (5%).
Technical areas of expertise must include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in deploying, patching, managing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Server environments.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in utilizing, deploying and administering SCCM.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with MS Windows technologies (Win7/Win10)
- Experience with storage and network concepts related to virtualization.
- Experience with incident/change management best practices (ITIL).
- Microsoft certifications and experience with VMWARE technologies is an asset.
- Good knowledge in managing Linux and Unix servers is an asset.
- Experience with the following is an asset:
- GDPR regulations
- Operating System Deployment (OSD: SCCM)
- BMC Remedy
- BMC Client Management (BCM)
- BMC Discovery (ADDM)
- Office 365
- Controlled Goods and elevated security clearances are a requirement.