Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technology
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for defining and refining a comprehensive technological vision for the Company to align project architecture and ensure the quality of financial investments.
He or she contributes to the architectural phases of a variety of projects and is responsible for providing the architectural features required to meet the Company’s business needs, adhering to its guiding principles and overall technological vision.
The incumbent stays up to date on developments in the field to identify promising technologies for the Company and its business areas.
A strong communicator, he or she is comfortable interacting with both clients and senior executives. He or she has a thorough understanding of business challenges and implements strategies to meet them.
- Develop technological guidelines, standards and targets in line with the Company’s strategic and business objectives;
- Create strategies to better manage the development of our applications and infrastructure systems and to ensure that current solutions remain viable over the long term;
- Assist the business units in identifying technologies that will allow them to take advantage of opportunities as they arise;
- Guide the progress of feasibility studies;
- Define solution architecture and design solutions;
- Lead solution implementation;
- Monitor information systems and technologies;
- Advise management on necessary corporate investments in technology;
- Participate in developing the IT strategic plan.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the information technology field, with at least three years in solution architecture;
- Experience with ERP, CRM and solution integration platforms (both cloud-based and on-premise);
- Experience with custom development (.NET or Rapid Application Development), an asset;
- Expertise in data management and analytics solutions, an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of the business sector;
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices, especially regarding the Zachman and TOGAF methodologies for architecture and the ITIL and COBIT frameworks for operational standards;
- Considerable knowledge of the current laws and regulations applicable to IT;
- Familiarity with real estate management, an asset;
- Capacity to formulate a vision for his/her area of expertise; knowledge of the business sector;
- Ability to provide sound advice to various business units;
- Excellent leadership in the field and a talent for working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to leverage expertise to influence others and maintain solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a gift for tailoring the message to the audience (e.g. clients, IT professionals);
- Self-directed, meticulous and curious, with good time management and organization skills and a strong sense of integrity;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.