(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09The New Client Acquisition department reports to the Marketing Solutions Administrative Department, which reports to the Digital Capacity and Security IT Division at Desjardins. The department is aligned with Desjardins Group's marketing to ensure technology leadership at an early stage and in the execution of projects. The work is performed in an omnichannel context based on simplification of the client experience. At the intersection between marketing and technologies, the team is made up of experts with a focus on applications and digital solutions such as client acquisition tools, marketing automation, and measurement of Desjardins member/client satisfaction. Our primary objective is to offer our partners the ability to build their businesses through a combination of speed and efficiency in an ever-changing martech world. You will be part of a new, rapidly growing, dynamic team that’s committed to the quick delivery of tangible solutions to member-clients. If you are passionate about digital technology and the user experience, and if the terms Cloud, agility and SaaS are part of your day-to-day reality, then your sense of leadership, advice and coaching will make the difference in our rapidly changing context.As an IT quality assurance analyst, marketing solutions, you will contribute to IT efficiency by developing, configuring, administering, maintaining, enhancing and assuring the quality of IT networks, management systems, programs and database servers to meet the needs of the organization. Your role will involve performing analyses and diagnostics for problems and situations related to deliveries and deployments, technology infrastructure operations, monitoring and quality control. You will provide advice in accordance with the rules of your discipline in order to develop recommendations and appropriate implementation plans. You will develop tools, work methods and work processes. Your projects and initiatives will require extensive knowledge of your line of work.You will offer ideas. You will help solve problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the line of business. You will leverage your ability to manage complex situations. You will be required to interact with stakeholders working in complementary, technology-related fields.You will provide professional support in your field of expertise to your unit, dedicated clientele and partners.
- Identify, record, analyze and interpret the information and data needed to support the decision-making and monitoring processes involved in applying current management policies and practices.
- Analyze risks. Draft various reports and recommendations. Provide advisory support in implementing these recommendations.
- Help prepare and recommend action plans to provide and implement solutions and remedy the situations encountered, in accordance with generally recognized rules and guidelines.
- Develop and draft work methods and processes.
- Take part in implementing quality assurance practices within a new department founded to support various products for Desjardins Group’s marketing teams.
- Develop strategies and approaches for the execution of different stages of trials to ensure the quality of products managed by the department (NPS surveys, client interaction management and others).
- Provide stakeholders with a full accounting of product quality.
- Define and institute automated and manual trials for both graphic interfaces and for APIs and SOAs.
- Get involved in a dynamic team by collaborating on a variety of tasks extending beyond a quality assurance analyst’s typical contributions.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience using standard testing platforms in the industry
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)