(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As an IT functional analyst, wealth management and asset custody, you analyze and diagnose complex issues; provide opinions based on your discipline’s rules; recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs; and propose implementation plans. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work, particularly with respect to quality assurance, implementation and testing.
Specifically, you will report to the Solutions, Asset Management, Operations and Asset Custody Manager (specific solutions relating to stock markets, asset management, investment fund accounting and operations). You will work as a functional analyst on the team’s various projects or development requests. In addition, you will provide professional support and serve as a reference source in your field with respect to the team, dedicated clients, business partners and suppliers.
The nature of the files and projects requires comprehensive knowledge of asset management, asset custody and operations with respect to investments.
- Help clients define their needs and identify, input, analyze and interpret data to inform IT solution decisions and monitor the application of management policies and practices. Analyze risks, prepare moderately complex reports and test cases, propose solutions, make recommendations, and provide advice on how to implement recommendations
- Prepare and recommend action plans and address issues in accordance with rules and parameters
- Actively help develop, implement and update management policies, practices and standards
- Serve as an intermediary between technical profiles and business profiles.
- Receive, analyze and document client requests. Identify the impact of change on the software packages used by our partners.
- Assist in configuring the business software packages and incorporating business rules into the technology solutions relating to your projects.
- Develop and track the various strategies related to testing, training, implementation, and operating problems of the strategic systems.
- Prepare and conduct testing and assess the quality of interventions and the use of patches to ensure system quality, reliability and availability.
- Diagnose the issues, challenges, needs and problems to be resolved with the development teams in terms of requests for moderately to highly complex patches, and rollouts and post-rollout activities to agree on the desired outcomes.
- Solid, comprehensive knowledge of the asset management, asset custody or operations areas as they relate to investments
- Knowledge of Central / MQ / CICS environments (required)
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in technology or relevant field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Good global knowledge in the field of Asset Management, Securities Keeping or investment-related operations
- Knowledge of Central / MQ / CICS environments. (required)
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Complexity
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)