Come make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Service of Innovation and Technology, the Ville de Laval is looking for a:
IT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS ADVISOR
The challenges ahead:
As an advisor, you meet the needs of the City in business analysis and technology solutions and you represent the Service in customer relations. You contribute to the proposal of technological solutions adapted to the organizational context, the objectives and the business needs.
You contribute to the evaluation of the business opportunities, to the establishment of the business files as well as functional requirements (high-level) and their translation into technology solutions. In addition, you will identify areas where changes to information systems are needed and manage their impact in terms of change management.
And more specifically:
- Participate reviewing business processes (and, where applicable, their key performance indicators) and identifying opportunities for automation and / or use of technology solutions.
- Contribute directly to the manufacturing process three-year investment plans and management of the IT project and program portfolio by analyzing customer service needs.
- Support customer services in the definition of business cases and market analyzes for technology components by identifying business objectives, stakeholders, existing situation, expected benefits, sources of funding, etc.
- Propose technological solutions in response to business needs. using recognized methods and expertise as well as different market studies.
- Collect and validate change and / or evolution requests (systems and applications) from customer services and facilitate identification of priorities.
- Be aware of new trends and good practices in the business areas supported and contribute to the transfer of knowledge through functional coaching and coaching.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the practice of business analysis and software quality assurance and submit recommendations to his superior.
- Act as an intermediary between the pilots / business representatives and other IT professionals to translate needs, influence planning, and define milestones and timelines.
- Conduct technology and business risk analysis, as well as assumptions and timelines. unknowns and develop a plan to document the requirements, their attributes and guidelines for traceability and solution requirements management.
- Design and oversee comprehensive testing strategies and plans (systems and users). the project delivery method (traditional, iterative / incremental, etc.), including considerations for tools, data management, and the test environment approach.
- Approve test documentation , validate coverage and traceability of scenarios / test cases versus business needs, communicate results and elementsinformation to relevant stakeholders and ensure the compliance of software quality control procedures including documented traceability.
- Develop a change management strategy and develop a comprehensive change plan including all the activities required to ensure success in the operationalization of deployed technology solutions and to derive the expected benefits.
- Execute and coordinate all the detailed activities of the change plan, support the adoption of changes and corrective actions based on sponsorship intake and performance measures.
- Convene, facilitate or participate in meetings, discussions or meetings with employees of other divisions or departments of the Corporation. City and / or representatives of outside agencies to review issues within its area of expertise and to find solutions ns appropriate.
The profile sought:
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Computer Science or any other field deemed relevant;
- Have six (6) years of relevant experience in business analysis, and more specifically in:
- organizational process analysis methods;
- analysis and modeling of business processes;
- business case writing;
- animation of training sessions or workshops; work surrounding the collection of business needs or the review of
- Have significant achievements in relation to Job Challenges;
- Have experience in implementing quality assurance artifacts;
- Know the concepts and modeling techniques (eg BPMN);
- Know the concepts surrounding information systems
- Know the information Customer Acceptance Testing Strategies;
- Knowledge of BABOK business architecture and business model concepts;
- Knowledge of basic business intelligence concepts;
- Demonstrate a command-and-control approach to supporting a business clientele
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate effectively and easily develop good
- Be recognized for creative ideas and innovation,
- Demonstrate ability to support clients and to act as a change management facilitator
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple projects of varying complexity.
This is what we are We offer:
- A salary of up to $ 104,000;
- A flexible work schedule that reconciles work and personal life;
- A college workplace Easily accessible, located at 3 Place Laval.
Come to make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which has its citizens at heart. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects favoring the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
The City of Laval is always looking for competent and dynamic professionals who want to join a professional organization. enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
Why choose the Ville de Laval? Because we can offer you, in addition to the challenges presented by the third largest city in Quebec, competitive working conditions, but above all a quality of life youto better reconcile work and personal life.
You too, take part in the change.
Apply before November 6, 2019, in you returning to.
The City of Laval applies an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about any special arrangements that may be necessary, if you are invited to a selection process.