Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technology
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent acts as liaison between the client and the IT department. He or she is responsible for analyzing business requirements in preparation for an IT project and guiding the client through project development and justification.
The incumbent’s main duties are to identify, define, analyze and document the business’s needs. He or she is tasked with translating business requirements into project or change objectives. The incumbent works with system architects to find innovative solutions to meet identified needs, ensuring that solutions match user requirements.
The position requires excellent communication skills and in-depth technical knowledge as well as strategic business acumen. The incumbent works closely with clients, system architects, management and the project delivery team. He or she is involved at all stages of the project cycle, accompanying the client from development through to implementation of the IT solution.
- Analyze and model the domain and designated business processes;
- Assist managers in identifying, defining and evaluating opportunities (preliminary analysis) and managing a variety of client portfolios;
- Help clients define, justify and document their business needs;
- Identify and define business requirements using various information collection techniques to allow clients to clarify their needs;
- Rank requirements by priority and handle them in a way that streamlines the solution delivery process;
- Articulate and present concrete solutions;
- Advise and assist clients with a view to innovating and improving;
- Improve team performance and competence by mentoring less-experienced members;
- Assist in outlining business analysis methodology, processes and key tools;
- Contribute to quality control by conducting tests or structured walkthroughs;
- Provide support to users during acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field; master’s degree, an asset;
- A minimum of eight years of experience as a business analyst;
- Knowledge of a business sector related to finance, real estate management, human resources and/or investment;
- Proven ability to extract and formalize business requirements and transform them into use cases, user stories and/or test cases;
- Solid knowledge of and experience in business systems implementation;
- Capacity to assess the cost, risks and profitability of an IT project;
- Familiarity with the Microsoft software environment (Office 365, Visio, SharePoint, Team Foundation, Project, etc.);
- Customer relationship management and customer service skills;
- Strong problem-solving ability;
- Excellent analytical and processing skills;
- Talent for influencing and convincing others and catalyzing change;
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience working within a team in a collaborative environment;
- Good judgment and tact in resolving delicate situations;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and social competence;
- Tolerance to stress;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.