Come and make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Center of excellence in geomatics , the City of Laval is looking for a:
(Developer) in geomatics solutions)
1 permanent position / 1 temporary position
The challenges that await you:
The incumbent carries out, with his work team, various works including studies relating to the use of technologies, analysis of the computer needs of users, analysis relating to the creation, implementation and development of information systems, software packages or operating software. The incumbent provides the necessary support to users and leads training sessions.
The profile sought:
- Instruction acquired at the end of a college diploma in computer science;
- Have three (3) years of experience more specifically:
- Object-oriented design and development with C #, master's of several programming languages and Web technologies;
- API development with Web protocols and consumption of Web services;
- Development related to geographic information systems (GIS) and spatial databases;
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server, an asset;
- Use of software solution development methodologies, including use of Agile approaches;
- Knowledge of how relational databases work s (Oracle, SQL Server);
- Source code management, automated testing and continuous integration;
- Container management (Docker) and use of microservices, an asset;
- Queue and notification system (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.).
Here is what we offer you :
- A salary of $ 56,342.66 to $ 86,681.02 per year (depending on your experience);
- A work schedule of 4 days per week, allowing to reconcile work and personal life;
- Pension fund, health bank, group insurance (for permanent position);
The City of Laval is in full swing growth. It has more and more people, businesses and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Rethinking Laval initiative, which made it possible to develop our city’s strategic vision: Urban by nature in 2035 . This vision is the compass that guides the development of Laval today. Working at Ville de Laval means believing in this vision. It means putting your heart and your ideas at the service of the citizen. It's rubbing shoulders with dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future.
You too, take part in the change!
Apply by March 5, 2021 by going to:
Ville de Laval applies an equal access employment program. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.