Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Enterprise Architect. This job is permanent, full-time.
Are you interested in participating in the re-architecture of Resolute’s Business processes by completing the SAP ERP implementation and other major IT projects? Are you ready to participate in building the Architecture team using architecture processes and templates? Interested by big challenges? If so, this position may be what you are looking for.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be responsible for developing future-state architectures, standards and roadmap to replace legacy systems with SAP and 3rd party products.
You will participate in the definition, implementation and governance of the enterprise architecture framework (Technologies, Standard, Methods, and tools). You must maintain up-to-date expertise on architectural & technology trends.
More specifically you will focus on the following areas:
- Define the Information technologies orientations, seek approval from stakeholders and publish them to the IT community;
- Govern the IT Architecture orientations, targets and rules required for project deliveries;
- Advise and participate in the approval of the technology choices based on the governance in place for the IT domains (applications, data, infrastructure and security);
- Participate in the creation of a roadmap for IT architecture governance;
- Participate in the development and implement of architecture standards and guidelines;
- Evolve IT architecture enterprise models and document the related processes to update them;
- Manage and document the interaction between the major components of the current and target architecture for IT domains;
- Participate in the selection of projects based on IT Strategy and the line of business priorities;
- Validate architecture documents based on best practices and the global architecture of proposed solutions;
- Ensure architecture standards are applied in all system, technical and application projects;
- Promote, reuse or apply existing solutions when possibly;
- Provide guidance & support to IT groups such as project management, IT operations, and application support;
- Research and followup technology innovations and industry trends; evaluate the applicability, functionality and reliability for Resolute and recommend technologies which could improve the achievement of business objectives;
- Act as an expert to upper management and submit recommendations for strategic files.
Reporting to the IT Director, PMO and Architecture, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related fields and/or equivalent work experience;
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in IT with ten (10) years as an Architect.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent knowledge of architecture models and concepts as well as enterprise processes;
- Proven SAP expertise and knowledge;
- Proven ability to lead complex architectures/designs (documentation, review, improvements);
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages in order to simplify complexities with all organisational levels;
- Ability to translate business requirements into either technological solutions or improvements in processes;
- Highly selfmotivated, self-directed and attentive to detail;
- Proven analytical and problemsolving abilities;
- Proven ability to work in a collaboration with IT and Business groups;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a highpressure environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.