(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11You will lead and influence investment projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. In this regard, you will contribute to developing and recommending strategic orientations and business positioning. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your field.You will make recommendations relative to enterprise architecture, and the delivery of initiatives or projects with a high degree of conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and IT fields. You will be called upon to interact with a very large number of stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential.You will serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as a resource person for senior management and decision-making bodies.
The mandate of the enterprise architecture team is to maximize the value of Desjardins Group's by fostering alignment of the business strategy with technology solutions. The enterprise architect (for Enterprise Architecture, Business Applications), will determine the architecture orientations and application roadmaps for the line of business. The work will be carried out with the business architect, who establishes the business vision, and the IT team of the business sector, which provides knowledge of the application portfolio. The business architect also supports the business units in their strategies for reaching the targets by preparing multi-year transition approaches.
The vacant position requires concrete expertise in the banking and payment industries, for both knowledge of IT capabilities and of business processes and industry challenges. Desjardins plans to make major investments in these areas within the next 5 years and needs dedicated architecture expertise to support the lines of business. You must demonstrate strong knowledge of trends and best industries in these areas and show how you would use your leadership to strategically influence the organization to make the right choices in a company-wide digital transformation.
- Advise and assist clients in implementing and prioritizing various entrusted strategic mandates.
- Play a monitoring role to understand and anticipate trends in your field of expertise and make appropriate recommendations with a view to developing best practices for the organization.
- Lead large-scale, wide-scope projects, mandates and development activities within the area of expertise, whose impact will be felt across Desjardins Group.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the enterprise architecture framework (policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and models) and to the creation of architecture targets that support the strategy of Desjardins Group.
- Within projects, play a support role in the development of solutions in line with the enterprise architecture framework. Assist managers in reviewing and developing guidelines for strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the presentation and negotiation, if applicable, of agreements with decision-making bodies of external businesses or organizations.
- Frequently represent the unit when meeting with various senior management committee members and decision-making bodies.
- When appropriate, supervise the work of professionals in their area of expertise. Make sure practices, procedures, methods and tools are used efficiently in order to meet business plan objectives.
- Develop performance tracking indicators and methods. Identify problems and make recommendations to those concerned.
- Participate in largescale transformation programs.
Other working conditions
- Work location : Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience is systems architecture or the equivalent, including 4 years of experience in enterprise architecture or strategic planning
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams for a large company
- Experience interacting with and making presentations to executives
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Concrete knowledge of the banking and financial industries
- Practical knowledge of recent cloud, mobile and analytics trends and their implications for establishing pragmatic orientations
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture practices, TOGAF (an asset)
- Knowledge of English, intermediate level
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)