Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Innovation and Technology Department, the City de Laval is looking for candidates to fill a position of:
DIVISION HEAD - ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS SOLUTIONS AND IT QUALITY ASSURANCE
Ville de Laval is undergoing an unprecedented transformation and its Innovation and Technology Department (SIT ) is a strategic partner and essential contributor in achieving the Urban vision of nature. Looking to the future, the SIT positions citizens at the heart of their commitment, their vision and their mission and aims to make information technologies an integral component of Laval's urban fabric. Are you ready to become one of the leaders of this transformation?
The challenges ahead:
Reporting to the Assistant Director - Governance integrated and IT shared services, the incumbent manages the division responsible for the analysis and modeling of IT business solutions, quality assurance and control. As such, he (she) participates in establishing the orientations, objectives and programs of his / her department with regard to his / her area of expertise and in the development of the annual objectives of his / her group, according to the major orientations of the service. He (she) recommends measures to optimize the performance of the various activities of his / her work team.
The incumbent leads a team of analysts, pilots and advisers in business relations which are the point of contact with customer services for the development of IT solutions, projects and programs. They see to:
- Manage requests for new initiatives on behalf of the services they support in order to identify business priorities and manage IT delivery expectations;
- Communicate with stakeholders (business) the state of IT services, the portrait of the progress of deliveries, the state of risks and the challenges of evolving solutions;
- Collect, analyze, document and communicate business needs / requirements and contribute to the optimization of business processes;
- Standardize and standardize techniques for gathering needs and engaging stakeholders (business) in projects TI;
- Develop and execute and / or orchestrate test processes to ensure the delivery of quality technology products and services;
- Ensure quality control throughout development cycle of business solutions.
As a member of the Service management team, he (she) collaborates re to its proper functioning and contributes to the achievement of its objectives. He (she) assesses and recommends the human, informational, material and financial resources required for the smooth running of the activities for which he is responsible and manages the budgets made available to him.
Oriented towards the results, the incumbent supervises, guides and supervises the members of the team in the achievement of their respective mandates, determines the general order of priorities, defines the objectives and informs of their expectations. It evaluates performance, recognizes performance and promotes staff development by recommending their training.
The profile sought:
- University degree (bachelor's degree) in administration, computer science, software engineering or any other field deemed relevant.
- Hold a graduate university degree ( master's degree), such as an MBA with a specialization in technology, is an asset.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in management as a business analyst or quality assurance or software development in the IT field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in large-scale IT team management.
- Have significant achievements in relation to the challenges of the position.
- Extensive experience in managing programs and complex and major projects (e.g., technology modernization, deployment to multiple locations, large programs or projects)
- Good knowledge of the software development cycle and the implementation of / integration of software packages or technological solutions;
- Knowledge and practices demonstrated in the Agile approach;
- In-depth knowledge of IT client relationship management methods, software quality assurance practices and business analysis practices
- A varied and diversified experience in the delivery of projects and business solutions, application portfolio or software packages, solutions in public safety, technological platform, or digital solution projects (web, mobile, etc.) or other areas of technology.
- CBRM Certification (Certified Business Relationship Manager) or BRMP (Business Relationship Management Professional) preferred, but not required.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional) certification with applied experience preferred, but not required.
- CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality) certification preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of ITSM / ITIL v3.
- Knowledge of the COBIT repository for IT governance.
- Possess a strategic vision and political sense;
- Demonstrate a very good capacity for influence and decision-making;
- Possess skills in mobilizing diverse teams;
- Demonstrate strong operational management skills;
- Demonstrate '' good adaptability and stand out through their customer approach;
- Have skills for interpersonal communication and employee coaching.
What we offer you:
- A permanent position;
- A work schedule, flexible, allowing work-life balance;
- Competitive total compensation;
- A full range of social benefits;
- An easily accessible workplace , located at 3 Place Laval.
- Why choose Ville de Laval? Because we can offer you, in addition to the challenges presented by the third largest city in Quebec, competitive working conditions, but above all a quality of life allowing you to better reconcile work and personal life.
- Ville de Laval is constantly on the lookout for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment!
- Come and make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. Inin addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
You too, take part in the change.
Apply before August 14, 2020 by going to.
Ville de Laval applies an equal access to employment program and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.