Under the supervision of the Director of Firmware engineering, the firmware engineer will take a technical leadership role in the development of the next generation of wireless solutions. He or she will be expected to promote best practices in software development and testing and support to the deployment team by providing the technical expertise required to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Participate in the design, the integration, the implementation and the validation of new communication and routing protocols for our next generation of IEEE802.15.4 wireless products
- Implement new product functionalities as outlined by the Product Management team
- Write software specification and development documentation
- Implement the communication protocols supported by our wireless solutions.
- Interpret hardware schematics
- Implement the necessary modifications to support hardware product revisions
- Perform necessary modifications to improve Product reliability and maintainability.
- Work with remote resources, including developers, testers, product managers, and managers, to deliver expected results
- Manage priorities in a very fast-changing environment
- Participate in and support Certification activities (FCC, ANSI, IEC, carriers cellulaires, Mesures Canada)
- Create change management documents to follow product evolution
- Participate in design review activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Software Engineering
- Work experience in real-time embedded systems implementation and communication protocols implementation;
- Mastering C, C++ and Java programming languages;
- Experience with development on memory and performance constrained platforms;
- Experience in both application and low level driver implementation;
- Experience with networking protocols;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills in English and French (written and oral) ;
- Highly autonomous type of person;
- Experience with wireless technologies such as: WWAN (CDMA, 1xRTT, GSM, GPRS, iDEN, Wifi, WiMax) and WLAN (IEEE 802.15.4, Zigbee, Wifi);
- Excellent interpersonal skills