(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As a developer, .Net FXSentry maintenance, you will contribute to IT efficiency. You will design, maintain and update management systems in keeping with the organization’s needs. You will draw on your ability to work with technology to help develop medium- to large-scale IT systems, programs and applications and provide the required support. You will assist in analyzing client needs and establishing what direction the development process should take. To this end, you will plan, prioritize and coordinate work to deliver on the commitments made in line with the objectives to be achieved. Your projects and initiatives will require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You will assist in implementing development solutions or patches, for which the ability to manage complexity is critical. You will be required to interact with stakeholders working in complementary, technology-related fields. You will serve as a systems advisor and coach for clients and various stakeholders.
General Information on the Position
- Detect and analyze problems, determine their causes and identify appropriate solutions to meet client needs.
- Maintain ties with the various units involved with your activities by collaborating with the appropriate applications leads.
- Propose any improvements that could enhance the effectiveness and quality of the applications portfolio or the unit’s operations.
- Analyze and carry out service requests to address clients’ specific needs.
- Modify applications, run test scenarios and produce the required documentation so as to track and ensure the quality of changes once in production.
- Prepare and carry out various computer operations to ensure the proper functioning of production operations.
Other working conditions
- Schedule: Possibility of providing 24/7 on-call service outside normal working hours
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in web application development using ASP.NET (Web Forms)
- Experience with Visual Studio development tools and Team Foundation Server (TFS) source management software
- Experience with testing automation (MSTest, NUnit and coverage testing)
- Interest in application maintenance
- Experience with DevExpress, jQuery Package, the Microsoft Web MVC framework, web services (SOA), the WCF framework and SSIS (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports (or other report-generating software) (an asset)
- Knowledge of the FX suite (an asset)
- Knowledge of Unix (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns, Tech savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)