(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10The Data Foundations Expertise Centre has a staff of about 40 who work to deliver the data foundations that allow Desjardins to get the most out of this strategic asset, data, to benefit members and clients.We are currently seeking a solution designer/architect in the area of data exchange and integration (DEI) to be an integral part of a squad that works in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment. Each person contributes their individual strengths and skills to form a complete, dynamic team.You will design detailed solutions, software and testing/implementation strategies for initiatives and projects of varying scopes. You will analyze, develop and recommend functional, organic or technological solutions and strategies. Therefore, in-depth knowledge of the technology and the ability to anticipate innovations as well as optimize work processes are key skills.You will act as a specialist and play a leadership role for organizational bodies and your unit.
Scheduled service interruption : We will be performing maintenance on the Desjardins online recruitment tool from 12:01 a.m. on December 7 to 7:00 a.m. on December 9. During this time, you won’t be able to apply for this position. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Help clients identify and analyze needs, set priorities, and select and evaluate technology solutions
- Conduct studies and execute the positioning, feasibility and detailed design phases. Recommend technology
- Develop and apply conceptual and logical models and carry out design, implementation and integration strategies
- Ensure cross-sector coordination with decision-making bodies. Provide support and follow up
- Coordinate the activities needed to ensure the quality, performance, reliability, availability and continuous improvement of technology solutions and systems.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Experience designing applications or highly available, secure and high-volume IT systems
- Extensive experience with DataStage
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Familiarity with data management concepts (NoSQL)
- Knowledge of data streaming
- Knowledge of cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Knowledge of REST API microservices
- Knowledge of IDR, Kafka (message agent), an asset
- Knowledge of Big Data – Operational analytics (an asset)
- Knowledge of the Agile method, Kanban, SAFe and DevOps (an asset)
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Tech savvy, Work processes
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)