The Montreal School Board is the largest employer in the world of education in Quebec and one of the largest in the metropolitan area. Its mandate is to organize educational services in preschool-primary and secondary schools, specialized schools for students with handicaps, social maladjustments or learning difficulties (EHDAA), vocational training schools and vocational training centers. of adult education. A team of 17,000 employees, including 8,000 teachers, use their skills to provide educational services to 113,000 students, youth and adults.
The Montreal School Board is looking for a deputy director or deputy director of Information Technology Services (ITS) to fill a regular position.
Under the authority of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Directorate, the Deputy Director role of the IT Department is to support management and assume some of the responsibilities that flow from it. This position includes the performance of management functions such as planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation. In addition to the responsibilities specifically associated with the Assistant Director, the incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating the Infrastructure and Service Desk (BICS).
· Participate in the development and delivery of the Service's strategic planning to support the vision and goals of the Commitment to Success Plan (PVER).
· Define the objectives and policies specific to the business line programs based on the objectives specified by management.
· Contribute to actions to enhance the quality of customer service (near-facility support, remote support and call center).
· Define the framework for enterprise architecture, the target architectures and their life cycle.
· Ensure the evolution of the enterprise architecture to meet the needs of the institution.
· Ensure the integrity of the target architecture to ensure consistent evolution of all enterprise resources in response to business requirements.
· Define standards for information security; monitor and document risks.
· Write the master plan for information security.
· Collaborate on reporting associated with CSDM's regulatory and legal requirements for IT management; write the required reports (technical specifications, reports to the board, follow-up of employees, contracts ...).
· Assist and advise the IT Service Branch, as well as senior staff from other departments and institutions, on the programs under their responsibility; may replace the direction of the Service.
· Assume any other responsibilities compatible with his function that may be entrusted to him by his immediate superior
· Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of study leading to a minimum of 3 years of university studies.
· Have 10 years of relevant experience including 4 in enterprise architecture in the last 6 years.
· Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of study.
· Demonstrated skills in team management and enterprise architecture.
· Advanced knowledge of innovative technologies.
· TOGAF, CISSP, ITIL, PMP certifications and / or relevant certifications.
· Person recognized for his leadership, his dynamism, his collaborative approach, with great relational and communication skills.
· Dominant Qualities in Technical Team Management.
Working Conditions and Compensation
Annual salary from $ 94,183 to $ 125,574 (class 10) according to the Regulation respecting certain conditions of employment of the executives of the school boards and the management committee of the school tax of the island of Montreal in force. The Montreal School Board offers a comprehensive program of benefits provided for in the Regulations.
- Continuing Education Program.
- Very interesting pension fund: PPMP.
- Group Insurance
- Days of recovery up to a maximum of 7 per school year
- Holidays: 17 days including 10 days during the holidays.
- Holidays: 30 days per school year
Anyone wishing to apply must send the following documents:
· The duly completed and signed application form on the website
· The duly completed and signed Referral Consent Form found on the website
· A curriculum vitae
· A copy of the originals of diplomas and transcripts attesting that the studies have been completed
· Proof of membership of a professional corporation, if applicable
It is important to indicate in your submission that this is a nomination for the Assistant Director, Information Technology Services.
Deadline to apply: 6 June 2019, 4 pm
In order for your file to be processed, it is essential to send us all the requested documents. We only communicate with those selected for an interview. The applications received are kept for three months.
The CSDM has an Equal Access to Employment Program and invites women, members of visible minorities, members of ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. People with disabilities who wish can receive assistance for the screening and selection process.
The CSDM thanks the candidates for their interest.