As the 7th largest city in Quebec, Lévis acts as the main urban, economic and institutional hub of the Chaudière-Appalaches region. Lévis has been at the top of the list for many years for the pleasant, accessible and safe living environment it offers Lévisiennes and Lévisiens. The City of Lévis employs people working in fields as diverse as public safety, tourism, urban planning, economic development, community life, the environment, public works, communications and many others.
The City of Lévis is looking for a qualified person to fill a full-time regular position (32.5 hours / week and 35 hours a week as of January 1, 2020) as a technician Computer Science 1, Infrastructure Component and Service Center, Information Technology Branch.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The main and usual role is to carry out technical work concerning the support to users and users, computer equipment, software and telephony.
- Performs first-level troubleshooting with users and advises them on the effective use of technology and the use of IT tools.
- Performs technical work on the software. If necessary, contact suppliers for updates. Determines the priorities for changes to IT equipment.
- Mounts, installs, maintains, configures, tests and evaluates computer and telephony equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for recovering user data, granting access or other similar tasks.
- Develops and updates procedures specific to their industry.
- Uses and updates the query management system.
- Complete various documents or forms to his sector of activity.
- Drive a vehicle for travel.
- This job description reflects the general elements of the work done and should not be considered as a detailed enumeration of all the tasks to be performed. However, the tasks having an influence on the job evaluation appear in the description.
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of Computing, Office 365, Network Environments and the Windows Environment are required.
Understanding English texts is essential.
- Customer Service Concern
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Analytical Spirit
The employer reserves the right to use tests to evaluate applications.
PLACE OF WORK
795 boul. Alphonse-Desjardins, Lévis.
Class 6 (hourly rate - $ 21.76 to $ 31.42) in accordance with the collective agreement in effect.
PERIOD OF DISPLAY
From October 9 to 20, 2019
Persons meeting the requirements of the position and interested in applying must apply through the City of Lévis Recruiting Site and attach a copy of their resume before 11:59 pm, October 20, 2019.
We subscribe to the Access toemployment equality.