Are you looking for a new challenge on the North-Shore of Montreal? Join Kontron Canada as a Component Engineering Technician (NPI)!
Kontron is at the forefront of embedded computing technologies in industrial, medical, automotive and telecommunication industries. Being part of our team means investing in exciting and diverse challenges in the most modern international markets.
To get a taste of the work environment at Kontron Canada, watch the following video in French:
As a Component Engineering Technician (NPI), you will focus on your interests by contributing to the management of components with the Engineering, Operations and electronics subcontractors teams. You will also play an active role in searching for second sources, in supporting the validation of components and in performing various risks analysis.
- You will carry out an active search amongst manufacturers and suppliers of electronic and mechanical components and individually validate the specifications of each new and replacement components in view of their selection and use on active products as well as products in development;
- You will follow-up the validation and qualification of new or replacement components with development, validation, product support, change management, quality control and/or subcontractors manufacturing management teams;
- You will perform the risks analysis associated to the electronic components selection early for new projects in development and quotations and throughout the active life of the products;
- You will perform the MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) calculations for products before their release according to the project schedules;
- You will elaborate full material declaration reports and provide all required information to produce the Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) compliance certificates related to the restriction and control of hazardous substances (RoHS, WEEE, REACH) for all products before their release according to the project schedules;
- You will analyze and approve the changes requests proposed by electronic and mechanical component manufacturers and the purchasing and quality control (incoming inspection) teams;
- You will meet with electronic and mechanical components manufacturers’ representatives to learn about new upcoming technologies;
- You will create new components in the SAP integrated system (ERP), generate the appropriate documentation and maintain the data in SAP in accordance with the internal processes.
THE IDEAL SKILLS
- Education: College degree;
- Specialization: Electronics or similar;
- Experience: Ideally 5 years in the electronics field including 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge: Electronic and mechanical components; ERP and MRP systems, Word, Excel;
- Assets: Knowledge of the SAP ERP system, of MTBF calculation software and of RoHS and environmental norms, ability to interact with international colleagues;
- Profile: Have a good sense of responsibility,initiative and autonomy; meticulousness, excellent communication and organizational skills, sharp judgment and team work abilities; excellent learning and working capacities;
- Languages: Fluent French and English (verbal and written).
We are proud to offer a motivating work environment as well as various benefits, among others:
- A competitive salary;
- A generous vacation policy and a large number of personal days;
- An advantageous collective insurance program, including access to telemedecine;
- A collective RRSP program in which Kontron Canada contributes;
- A concern of a good balance between work-family-personal life;
- Social and sports activities for all tastes, including access to a volleyball and soccer field;
- Various training for your professional development;
- A stimulating career path with various possibilities of advancement;
- Dedicated days for individual and team innovation projects;
- A modern facility with state of the art equipment;
- And much more…