(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As part of its digital strategy, Desjardins is transforming the development services our team offers to product squads to include a platform as a service and container as a service (PaaS and CaaS) with Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology, tools and a continuous delivery practice (Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, Concourse, Vault, etc.), acceptance tests and templates, and a campus for training and supporting the squads.If you are passionate about cloud technology (Azure, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, microservices, etc.) and you want to have a stake in the transformation, we have an opportunity for you.As an Operator, you provide leadership to practitioners and development teams on business relations, development projects and complex, innovative strategic initiatives, including updates, incident prevention, quality assurance and post-correction maintenance. The nature of the files will require in-depth and extensive knowledge in your field.You will make recommendations on the development and delivery of files and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and a comprehensive understanding of the business line and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be called upon to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills. You will serve as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field, and will act as a contact and coach for decision-makers.
- Serve as a specialist in technology infrastructure operations for a range of client groups and stakeholders.
- Design, develop, implement and monitor strategies, action plans, programs and solutions relating to technology infrastructure operations so as to ensure consistency and balance between business needs and adherence to requirements and best practices.
- Monitor the industry to understand and anticipate trends and make appropriate recommendations to develop best practices for the organization.
- Serve as a leader for projects and mandates specific to your area of expertise, and coordinate a team of professionals when required.
- Develop performance indicators and monitoring methods, identify problems and make recommendations to the bodies concerned.
- Represent your unit on various committees and with internal and external stakeholders with regard to assigned mandates.
- Collaborate in the development of communication strategies and plans for the projects and mandates for which you are responsible.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Six (6) years of relevant experience
- Experience with Agile (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation technology
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Knowledge of the Azure environment (an asset)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker (an asset)
- Advanced proficiency in French
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Customer focus, Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Information technology (FG)