(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a big data solutions integration architect in analytical data and big data, you help design AI, data and analytical solutions, as well as integrate operational and information systems. You ensure consistency with the organization's current and future needs and structure, while also ensuring that new components are compatible with the existing architecture (software applications, products, services, etc.).You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You will make recommendations regarding solution or business architecture, and produce deliverables pertaining to your field as part of files or projects that have a very high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be called upon to interact with a very large number of stakeholders in a variety of fields of expertise. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.You will serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as a resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Serve as an expert advisor and subject matter expert for projects and mandates specific to your area of expertise and whose scope and impact are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group. Identify and prioritize projects that combine business and technology and that support business strategies.
- Advise and assist business partners and specialists with the positioning, planning, development, performance and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility. Organize, manage and deliver guidelines, as needed, on specific technical subjects requiring the consensus of multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and update policies, standards, architecture targets and supporting foundations, or technology solutions, taking into account aspects pertaining to data, applications and infrastructures to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze problems. Raise any major issues. Establish frameworks and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies and committees involved.
- Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins when negotiating and committing to agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or in a related field
- At least 8 years of a relevant experience in business intelligence, including 3 years as a business intelligence solutions (BI) architect, big data and analytics
- Considerable experience as a BI architect working with data warehouses for large-scale projects
- Experience with microservice/API and event architecture
- Experience with big data and machine learning
- Cloud computing experience
- Experience working in the following environments: DB2, DataStage, SAS, Unix and/or Linux
- Experience working in the following big data environments: Hadoop, Big Data/Analytics cloud (Azure)
- Experience working in an Azure and a PaaS environment (an asset) (an asset)
- Experience in an Agile environment (asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Knowledge of Hortonworks, Azure Data Solution (Azure Synapse) (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)