(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As Application Solution Architect, REST API, you will actively monitor opportunities offered by new technologies and business approaches for the organization as a whole. You will design solutions to meet the business needs of projects that leverage architecture and foundation targets. You will ensure consistency with the organization’s current and future needs and structure, while also ensuring that new components are compatible with the existing architecture (software applications, products, services, etc.).You will play an influencer role with business partners and API consumers in the payment field. The nature of the files will require extensive and in-depth expertise in several technology and/or business fields, covering aspects pertaining to data, applications, security and infrastructures. You will make recommendations regarding solution architecture, and produce deliverables pertaining to the (credit and debit) card payment field as part of files or projects that have a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity. These will require analysis and an overall, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical. You will be called upon to interact with a very large number of stakeholders who are active in a variety of fields of expertise. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential.You will serve as a specialized advisor in the (credit and debit) card payment field as a whole, and act as a contact and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Serve as a specialized advisor for projects, mandates and development activities pertaining to solution architecture, the scope and impact of which are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group.
- Advise and assist specialists and business partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor technology solutions for REST APIs in the payment field.
- Develop and update policies, standards, or technology solutions, taking into account aspects pertaining to data, applications, security and infrastructures to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze major problems and issues. Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies and committees involved.
- Represent your unit in dealings with decision-making bodies and committees.
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when reaching agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Understanding of microservices architecture, REST API
- Sound knowledge of IT security
- Knowledge of Java (an asset)
- Knowledge of Azure PaaS (an asset)
- Knowledge of SAFe methodology (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
450, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal
Information technology (FG)