Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Data Analytics, the Analyst, Data Analytics communicates analytics and recommendations required to manage and enhance VIA’s customer lifecycle management activities. This position is responsible to help drive business strategy and execution and make recommendations based on analytics through measurement of train and customer performance.
-Communicate, through reports and presentations, data analytics results to VIA Rail’s business units-Provide analysis and insight into the created analytics with recommendation for business opportunities for VIA Rail;-Support the Campaign Management team in building campaign ROI reports and deep dive post-campaign analysis;-Provide ad-hoc on-going analytics support required by the business units;-Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key internal clients;-Participate in the design, development and monitoring of analytics application, such as segmentation and predictive models using CRM Analytics suite including validation, deployment and business applications of these models;
-Participate in the design and development of reports using VIA Rail’s reporting software, including testing, validation, deployment and scheduling of these reports;-Increase the level of trust in, and reliance on, VIA Rail’s data insights;-Demonstrate a thorough understanding of VIA Rail’s data and data architecture analytical capabilities and knowledge of VIA Rail’s business processes;
-Initiate data enhancements to the CRM databases to improve efficiency and flexibility, and work with IT to ensure implementation;-Drive changes and collaborate with VIA Rail IT team to enhance the data architecture required to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of analytics and reporting;.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitatively related field (Computer Science, Business Intelli¬gence, Statistics, Economics); Master’s in business intelligence, statistics or the equivalent is an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years as a Business Intelligence or advanced analytical function utilizing statistics and data mining to solve business problems;
- Experience in Customer Lifecycle management activities is an asset;
- Strong experiences in data modeling techniques: Entity-Relationship, Star-schema. Knowledge of Data Vault modeling is definite asset;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and excellent knowledge of analytical tools and/or software is a must;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is a strong asset;
- Hands-on experiences with the Microsoft BI suite (SQLServer, SQLServer Analytic Services, SQLServer Reporting Services) is an asset;
- Knowledge of systems and database infrastructure;
- Experience in loyalty, transportation industries an asset;
- Bilingual - French and English;
Competencies Strong ability to analyze data, translate results into strategies and revenue generating opportunities and communicate to internal clients; Highly analytical and logical approach; Creative approach to idea generation and problem solving; resourcefulness; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; Able to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization; Ability to work efficiently both independently and within a team environment; Able to meet expectations and requirements of internal customers; Strong presentation, interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills; Able to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines;* Thrive in a fast-moving environment, with high tolerance for change;
Key Performance Indicators Increased campaigns ROI for VIA Rail; Ability to develop on-going analysis in a timely manner meeting the needs of the VIA Rail business units;* Ability to identify opportunities to improve the quality of the information provided to VIA Rail business units.