(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior systems and infrastructure operations, maintenance and development advisor, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs. You provide leadership to clients and practitioners on development projects and complex, innovative strategic initiatives, including the development of IT systems, programs and applications and corrective action identification. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as integrator, specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
More specifically, you have to be a good listener, be able to understand business needs and synthesize information well.
- Lead specialized development projects, initiatives and activities that significantly impact the entire organization
- Analyze client needs and advise your clients to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Guide the analysis work of development teams and solve operational issues that arise during projects, ensuring that proposed solutions are consistent and satisfy user needs, system architecture constraints and other restrictions
- Update policies, standards, models, operational solutions and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of six year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Confluence and Jira
- Good writing skills
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Information technology (FG)