(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As an IT security advisor, you help protect IT hardware, software and data against modification, destruction, and accidental or unauthorized disclosure. You also assist in authentication and access control by designing, administering and controlling proven security systems. You analyze IT system vulnerabilities and implement protective measures to back up, restore and secure systems.You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives related to the management and resolution of major IT security events. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with stakeholders working in other technology fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Play an advisory and support role in the identification, monitoring and validation of security requirements and measures in order to guarantee an acceptable security posture in the sectors
- Develop and help implement objectives, solutions, action plans and intervention plans
- Analyze data, conduct studies, make recommendations and write reports
- Monitor the IT security and incident management industry.
Other working conditions
- Place of work: Montreal or Lévis, depending on the preference of the person selected
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Information security experience
- Risk management experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.) (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)