Ubisoft is looking for a data storage and backup administrator who will join the Global Networks (GNS) storage and virtualization system administrators team in Montreal.
The Data Storage and Backup Administrator provides support and maintenance for the various Ubisoft data storage and backup systems, ensuring the health of the infrastructure and the integrity of the data. He will also participate in optimizing the processes surrounding the exploitation of these technologies and the Ubisoft data lifecycle. It will also be involved and participate in large-scale technology projects.
This position requires occasional travel for employment needs, as well as rotating on-call work periods for emergencies.
The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring scalability and business performance for storage and backup through proactive capacity planning, performance monitoring and configuration tuning
- Analyze and report system performance
- Proceed to optimizations of data backup and storage systems;
- Implement security policies and procedures for storage and data backup;
- Install, maintain and upgrade hardware and the data storage and backup software;
- Ma initiate documentation regarding the configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures, and service files for the data storage and backup hardware and software;
- Provide troubleshooting for errors and errors backup problems, and resolve them and root cause analysis;
- Proactively notify clients of failed backup jobs so that errors can be corrected quickly;
- Communicate with hardware and software representatives, as well as other internal teams, to diagnose and resolve errors with root causes;
- Participate in the assessment of new requirements , design and technical standards;
- Respond to user requests and service requests;
- Provide training to users of the data storage system;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- University degree or equivalent experience in computer system, in computer science or another relevant field.
- 5 years and more in managing backup and data storage systems in a large enterprise
- Ability to develop techniques and methodologies to solve unprecedented problems;
- Ability to communicate effectively with team, managers and employees at all levels;
- Ability to write clear, accurate and accessible documentary;
- Ability to make accessible complex information;
- Initiative, entrepreneur, requiring little supervision;
- Autonomy and proactivity, requiring limited supervision;
- Honesty , integrity and confidentiality required at all times;
- Teamwork and collaboration at all times;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effic acement in a veryproactively proactive;
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills;
- Focused on attention to detail, quality, service and results;
- Demonstrate openness and flexibility
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Good knowledge of Isilon NAS
- Good knowledge of Veritas Netbackup
- Good knowledge of Windows SAN
- Good knowledge in CEPH (an asset)
- Advanced knowledge in Scripting, Automation
- Knowledge in Ansible and Python (an asset)
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of VMware and VSan (an asset)
- Comprehension of both written and oral English
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving rise to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover themselves. p>
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams in their field, all over the world.
You will progress in a caring and inspiring environment. you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.